Establishment of medical isolation rooms in Qobbe prison
Due to the absence of medical isolation rooms for remand prisoners and for the inmates in North district, Restart Center established 10 medical isolation rooms, where prisoners who exhibit COVID 19 symptoms could be held, safely, apart from the main prison population while their tests are being completed at the governmental hospital.
The facility consisted of 10 standard Rooms divided into two zones connected to two passages.
- Restart equipped 5 existing cells with toilets -located in the rehabilitation unit already established the support of the EU- to be used as medical isolation room for COVID 19 infected inmates.
- Middle passage dividing rooms symmetrically, three on each side.
- Five Regular rooms including private toilet each.
- One negative pressure room for viruses’ control – where all PCR tests sampling take place.
- Middle passage dividing room symmetrically.
The medical isolation rooms were equipped with the following items: